Our pest control contractor will be fogging the community on September 4th, 2014 with a pesticide to reduce the presence of mosquitoes (that may contribute to dengue fever outbreaks) and sand flies. Open water will also be treated with a system to kill larvae.
Treatment will start at Thursday midnight and takes approximately 2 hours, the following guidelines should be observed by all residents:
- No persons and/or animals are to be outside during the fogging procedure treatment time.
- Close windows and doors during the fogging exercise, they should remain closed for 45 minutes after completion.
- Place all pet feeding/watering bowls indoors.
- Persons and animals can go outside (if necessary) 45 minutes upon completion of the fogging activity. Note this is especially important for children, pregnant women and asthmatics.
- The above measures are precautionary as the treatment does not leave a significant residue.
There is always a possibility of last minute changes due to weather conditions which we will advise of in advance, if possible.