Warm Greetings to all our Residents
We are pleased to report that the Security Department enjoyed an uneventful summer with no major security issues to report. However, there are a few matters I would for the residents to note.
Destruction of Property
Over the past few months we have been experiencing problems with property vandalisation. Some examples of destruction of property (presumably by children) in Sandyport are:
- Throwing poolside furniture into the pools, in particular Phase V and Governor’s Cay.
- Damage to freshly poured concrete at a new garbage located by the boat ramp.
- Removal of a raft used by the workers during the boat ramp renovations which hindered work.
- Throwing rocks at street lamps and damaging them.
- Removal of water meter covers.
- Dumping garbage into the canal.
- Throwing eggs at buildings.
- Breaking the locks off the tennis court gates and defacing the tennis court with chalk.
- Vandalisation of the fence at Roberts Isle including graffiti and removal of the pickets.
- Vandalisation of vacant property at Governor’s Cay.
We are mindful that it is likely only a handful of children destroying the property however security resources are better placed protecting the property from external risks instead of monitoring the activity of our younger residents. Please kindly assist security in protecting the property from these many thousands of dollars of damage by monitoring children’s activities and reporting any suspicious behaviour.
Back to School
The Tambearly School gate is open from 8am-9am, 12:30 pm-1:30 pm and 3pm-4pm.
Maid and Workers ID Badges
Please be reminded that worker ID badges will expire at the end of the year and will therefore need replacement. We will be issuing new ID badges from January 1, 2012.
Auto ID decals
We will be issuing 2013 auto decals from December 1, 2012, the current decals will expire at midnight on December 31, 2012. Note that this does not apply to the auto entry decals.
The annual Halloween festivities will soon be with us and we would like to ask all residents to take the necessary precautions to protect their children. We will also like to remind residents to be considerate of their neighbors when using firecrackers. As usual, our security will be highly visible to ensure Sandyport remains safe during the festivities.
Head of Security Services