Starting August 16th, 2010 we shall commence with the measuring of homes for the purposes of assessing the correct maintenance charges applicable for each home. We have instructed Licensed Architects, Douglas Minns, to proceed with the work at an agreed fee of $60 per home which will appear on the next maintenance bill. For security purposes the surveyors will be in possession of a Letter of Authorisation from the Association which they may present on request. Owners are encouraged to remain vigilant and contact security if they have any concerns.
The area used for determining the applicable maintenance charge is defined as follows:
- All enclosed building areas measured along the exterior perimeter walls.
- Enclosed garages (whether or not they are air conditioned).
- In the case of townhouses half of the area of the common walls.
- Covered porches, covered balconies, carports, gazebo’s and tool sheds are not included in the measurement. Fully enclosed porches and balconies are included (mesh screening does not qualify as enclosed for this purpose).
- Air conditioned third floor space (such as converted lofts).
There may be some instances that require interior access and we would appreciate your assistance in accommodating the surveyors in this regard. The process is expected to take approximately 3 months for the entire development, we will hand deliver written notices of the homes scheduled for survey each week during the preceding weekend. If there are any particular concerns or instructions regarding access at that time, please communicate them to our Head of Security in the first instance. If there are any other concerns, they may be directed to the General Manager.
Following each survey, our records will be updated and future maintenance charges will be based on the most recent assessment. There are no plans to retroactively adjust the maintenance fees.