Due to general concerns about the present crime level within the country, Sandyport Security Services would like to remind residents to report any suspicious activity. The Department has made a number of improvements to it’s systems to make the community a safer environment:
- Video surveillance systems at both entrances and around the property have been upgraded.
- 24 hour security is provided at the canal entrance with new video & thermal imaging surveillance systems.
- Licence plate cameras have been installed at both entrances.
In addition to these security measures, we would like to encourage residents to take personal responsibility for their safety:
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- If you detect something suspicious contact Security Services immediately.
- Ensure that your garage doors are closed.
- Do not leave ladders outside.
- Report any challenges you may have with service workers.
- If you sell your car, remove the access decals and notify Security Services.
- If there is an unexpected visitor at your property, call Security Services immediately.
- Lock all doors, particularly sliding doors, whether at home or absent from the property.
- Co-operate with security policy by rolling down your window at night if asked to do so – we may want to verify that you are not under any form of duress.
- Do not attempt to purchase access decals for persons who are not residents of Sandyport.
- If a non-resident is using your dock space, make them aware of the rules concerning the use of the waterways.
- If you need any assistance, contact Security Services.