Water is presently charged at $26 per 1,000 gallons which intentionally covers the cost of water consumed together with non-revenue water used in the amenity areas such as the pools and gardens. The Board has determined that non-revenue water costs shall be more fairly distributed across the community and the cost per gallon of consumed water be lowered.
Effective July 1, 2013 water will be charged to all units (vacant lots, homes and condominiums) on the following basis:
- $20 per month service fee (billed quarterly, irrespective of whether or not a meter is installed), plus
- $20 per 1,000 gallons ($0.20 per gallon, where applicable)
Including the service charge, the average cost per gallon will be less than under the present pricing structure where consumption exceeds 10,000 gallons per quarter.
The following fees associated with a water account remain unchanged:
- All accounts require a $250 deposit which is refundable (less any outstanding charges) when the water account is closed.
- New supplies are subject to a $200 new installation charge (the meter remains the property of the Association).
- Connections and reconnections are subject to a $25 charge.