November 29, 2012
The Board of Directors of the Sandyport Homeowners Association met at a Board Meeting on November 26, 2012 and we are pleased to inform you that the Association’s Annual Assessment Fee for 2013 is set at $2.75 per square foot. This represents the 7th consecutive year without a fee increase; today $3.16 has the same buying power as $2.75 did in 2006 when the Assessment was last adjusted. By attracting additional revenue from new dwellings and non maintenance services and by careful cost controls, we have been able to continue improving our community without the burden of increasing the basic cost of owning in Sandyport. The 2013 budget is attached and will be effective January 1, 2013.
We are also pleased to be able to extend the early payment discount of 3% for all 2013 Assessments settled in full by January 14th, 2013. Since we introduced this option in 2011, an increasing number of owners have taken advantage of it, saving them time and money. The following conditions must be met in order to qualify:
- Payment must be received in full by January 14th, 2013.
- Any other balances associated with the account should also be clear by the deadline.
- The 3% discount may be deducted from the 2013 Assessment only.
- Note that Indenture Charges (applied to vacant lots) are not eligible for discount and are due on January 1, 2013 in full.
The following installment options will also be available:
- Monthly – due on the first day of each calendar month, commencing January.
- Quarterly – due on the first day of January, April, July and October.
You will soon receive your 2013 Assessment invoice and be able to select your payment option at that time.