Our pest control contractor will be fogging the development on August 24, 2011 with a pesticide to reduce the presence of mosquitoes that are contributing to the present dengue fever outbreak. Open water will also be treated with a system to kill larvae. A further treatment will take place in the month of October.
Treatment will take place between the hours of 2:30am and 5:00am, the following guidelines should be observed by all residents:
- No persons and/or animals are to be outside during the fogging procedure treatment time.
- Close windows and doors during the fogging exercise, they should remain closed for 45 minutes after completion.
- Cover swimming pools and decorative water features.
- Place all pet feeding/watering bowls indoors.
- Turn off all fans and/or air conditioners or set them at exhaust.
- Persons and animals can go outside (if necessary) 45 minutes upon completion of the fogging activity. Note this is especially important for children, pregnant women and asthmatics.
- Rinse all household items/toys that were left outside before using them.
- Rinse all fruits and vegetables (that were in the garden/yard) thoroughly before consuming them.
- Note the product scheduled to be used does not have a residual therefore items 3, 4, 7 & 8 noted above are precautionary measures.
*** UPDATE ***
Due to hurricane Irene, as a precaution the fogging has been deferred for one week and will take place on August 31, 2011.
*** UPDATE ***
The fogging was completed as of the morning of Sep 1, 2011.