Pest control concerns

We have previously informed residents that we have expanded our pest control coverage by adding more rodent bait stations. The bait stations contain a block of poison that is skewered on to a spike located inside a compartment inside the bait station box. For safety reasons, they are designed to be tamper proof so that children and domestic animals cannot access the poison.

However, it has been brought to our attention that poison pellets (not used by the pest control contractor) have been placed in and around the bait stations. These are potentially hazardous if ingested and also undermines the safety precautions we have taken with our pest control. Should anybody witness poison being placed on any common areas, please report it immediately to the Association which reserves the right to bring criminal charges against offenders.

2 thoughts on “Pest control concerns”

  1. Our dog was poisoned twice in Sandyport and recently died as a result. He was not allowed to roam free, nor was he ever walked unsupervised on a leash. We have no idea how he could have ingested poison without us knowing. Rats that don`t die immediately and wonder into yards with pets after being poisoned appear to be a further hazard. We are extremely upset that this could even happen in a community such as Sandyport. What is even more terrifying to us is that we have a young child. Sandyport should be a safe place for children and pets, yet our experience makes us extremely fearful for our child and unwilling to have another pet. The safety standards for pest control employed thus far have been clearly ineffective. It would be devastating to have any children harmed by such carelessness. I hope action to remedy this hazardous situation is taken immediately.

    1. We have previously informed residents that we have expanded our pest control coverage by adding more rodent bait stations. The bait stations contain a block of poison that is skewered on to a spike located inside a compartment inside the bait station box. For safety reasons, they are designed to be tamper proof so that children and domestic animals cannot access the poison.

      However, it has been brought to our attention that poison pellets (not used by the pest control contractor) have been placed in and around the bait stations. These are potentially hazardous if ingested and also undermines the safety precautions we have taken with our pest control. Should anybody witness poison being placed on any common areas, please report it immediately to the Association which reserves the right to bring criminal charges against offenders.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *